[missbirdphotos] Announcing MISSBIRDPHOTOS list

  • From: Frank Hensley <dr_frank_hensley@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "missbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <missbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 19:57:06 -0800 (PST)

Well, somebody had to do it...

I have created a new e-mail list serve just for us photographers: Users can
subscribe to this list by sending email to
missbirdphotos-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' in the Subject field.

I am still learning how to run this thing, but I think we can begin some
discussions about bird photography without hijacking MISSBIRD. I have never
managed a list serve before, so I'll ask for subscribers to be patient as I
figure things out.  If anyone wants to volunteer to be a co-administrator
please speak up!

I suggest that anyone who subscribes begin by posting a brief personal
introduction/biography with a bit about their experience in bird photography,
the equipment they use, and other relevant information. After we get a few
subscribers together we can think about planning an outing just for
photography. Spring migration is coming fast and I'd love to have a chance to
learn from others!

Frank Hensley
Clinton, MS