[missbird] Veery/thrush ? In yard sick

  • From: keisbrenner7@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: "missbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <missbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 May 2015 15:53:05 -0500

Would 2 injured/sick veerys (vs. other thrush) in my fenced yard in Ocean
Springs neighborhood be unusual within one week?

I have never seen this type of bird. I just called it a wren (small, brown)
while we figured out how to help him, since we only get wrens, few finches,
cardinals, & chickadees in our yard.

The first bird was found Tuesday evening. He went to Wild at Heart rehab via
the emergency vet. After dropping him off, I checked out some pictures we took
and found him to match a veery or possibly other thrush.

We found a second bird dead this morning near the same bush with the same
colored feathers.

We have dogs, and there are neighborhood cats.

Is this reasonable for random dog/cat injury or is pre-existing illness
possible?

Thanks, Kristen

IMPORTANT ADDRESSES

Post message: missbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx