[missbird] Sprague's Pipit-Panola Co

  • From: Gene Knight <gsknight@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MISSBIRD <missbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2013 18:58:26 -0600

MISSBIRDERS,

This morning I went searching for Sandhill Cranes along Ballentine Road in Panola Co. As I drove north on Holly Grove Road I was riding along side a runway for crop dusters and I spooked up a SPRAGUE'S PIPIT!!!!! It gave it's diagnostic call (a squeeky-SQUEET). I recognized the call and looked around in time to see it fly across the small grassy runway. I stopped the truck and got out and walked across the runway to the spot I thought it had landed. There it was 15 feet away walking into the cotton stubble. What a great bird to find anywhere in MS.
I did find Sandhill Cranes in Tunica Co. (27 of them)

Gene Knight
Oxford, MS
IMPORTANT ADDRESSES

Post message: missbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx