[missbird] Red-Shouldered Hawks

  • From: DAVID HARAWAY <dmharaway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "missbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <missbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 09:53:33 -0500

I have a pair of red-shouldered hawks nesting in my backyard for the 4th year.  Yesterday I got a photo of the male bringing what appears to be a mole to the female   H flew to the nest and dropped the mole at her feet then flew off.  I think the eggs have hatched because the female appeared to begin stripping the mole and feeding the young ones.  The nest is about 50 or 60 feet up in a large oak tree and I cannot see in the nest.  I thought missbird members would enjoy seeing the photo!David HarawayOlive Branch, MS

JPEG image