[missbird] CBC tool for compilers

  • From: "Barbour, Philip - NRCS, Fort Worth, TX" <Philip.Barbour@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "MISSBIRD (missbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <missbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 14:03:56 +0000

MissBird (mainly for CBC compilers)

See below from the LABird List Serv regarding CBC's .  I've requested a copy
but have not actually seen or validated it.
Taking Toddy Guidry's word for it.

Philip J. Barbour
Compiler Sidon MS CBC (MSSI)
Leflore County
~ 10 miles SW of Greenwood

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 7:46 PM, Toddy Guidry
<guidrys@xxxxxxx<mailto:guidrys@xxxxxxx>> wrote:

> Hey folks

> With CBC season not that far off, I wanted to help some of you out.

> Last year for the Lafayette CBC , Dr J (Erik Johnson) and I came up

> with a very nice compilation worksheet that calculates all the

> pertinent statistics for you automatically.  I also created an input

> sheet so that if you compilers can get your observers to fill in a

> very simple  one column Excel  sheet with their totals and email to

> you, you can simply copy and paste the numbers in that particular area of the
> count and everything else is done.

> It is REALLY a timesaver and never makes mistakes!   All you really need to

> do is update your specific count area titles, as this book has the

> Lafayette quadrant areas  in it.  If you need more, just insert a

> column and carry down the calculations from the column next door. Need

> less, just delete a column or better just leave it blank just in case

> you need it in the future.

> It even has feeder watches built in to it.

> The input sheet and the compilation sheet have the same birds on the

> same rows, so copy and paste works great. That is, row 30 on the input

> sheet is the same bird as row 30 on the comp workbook, same order etc.

> I'll be happy to give anyone a tutorial if needed, but did I mention

> it is REALLY a timesaver?

> If you would like a copy, email me offlist at
> guidrys@xxxxxxx<mailto:guidrys@xxxxxxx>

> <mailto:guidrys@xxxxxxx>

Philip J. Barbour, Ph.D.,Certified Wildlife Biologist (r)|Central Region
Biologist
ND, SD, NE, KS, OK, TX, LA, AR, MO, IA, MN, WI, IL, IN, MI
USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service|Central National Technology Support
Center
501 West Felix Street, Building 23|Fort Worth, Texas 76115
* (817) 509-3225<tel:817%29%20509-3225>| Fax (817)
509-3336<tel:%28817%29%20509-3336>| iPhone (817)
320-2095<tel:%28817%29%20320-2095>|
* philip.barbour@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:philip.barbour@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
[[Use this link to access the USDA Home Page]]<http://www.usda.gov/>

This electronic message contains information generated by the USDA solely for
the intended recipients. Any unauthorized interception of this message or the
use or disclosure of the information it contains may violate the law and
immediately.

GIF image