[missbird] Black-bellied Whistling ducks and other birds arriving in Pascagoula

  • From: johnston127235@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Missbird Missbird <missbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 14:22:00 -0700

We were out birding and riding around in Pascagoula yesterday, Sun 3/15, and we
saw five Black-bellied Whistling Ducks, plus one Cattle Egret and a Green
Heron, so more birds are starting to arrive in our area.

Then I rode over to I.G. Levy Park South today and on the Lakeside Housing pond
by the park were 7 more Black-bellied Whistling Ducks.  Also there today were a
pair of Blue-winged Teal, one female Bufflehead, and about 14 Ring-neck Ducks.
The last three species will be heading north any day.   Our wintering duck
numbers are already down significantly.
Brian Johnston,  Pascagoula, MS