[mirtoolbox] peak fluctuation value as input for miremotion

  • From: Hendrik Schreiber <hs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mirtoolbox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 11:37:47 +0100

Hi,

I've been studying miremotion a little bit and in that context also
mirfluctuation.

It seem to me that you are using the peak value of the summary (the plain sum)
of mirfluctuation as input for miremotion.
However, this value does not seem to be normalized, i.e. it seems to heavily
depend on the length of the audio fed into it.
In my tests, long audio pieces seem to consistently produce higher peak
(summarized) fluctuation values.

If that's really the case, miremotion results should also heavily depend on the
audio length, which is probably not desired.

Am I missing something crucial here?

Thank you.

-hendrik

tagtraum industries incorporated