[mira_talk] Re: solexa paired-end several libraries

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 18:15:14 +0100

On Dienstag 24 November 2009 Brian Forde wrote:
> what does
> " No negative values found in FASTA quality file of solexa data??"
> mean

That you should use -LR:ssiqf=no

Old Solexa quality data also had negative and had a slightly different scaling
than 'phred' values, therefore MIRA had to scale that back into something
'normal'.

The new pipelines deployed by Illumina now don't do this anymore, I think I'll
set this parameter to 'no' as default for the 3 release (or even drop the code
completely).