[mira_talk] Re: results folder empty

  • From: Shaun Tyler <Shaun.Tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 10:43:19 -0500

I've been helping Tarah get started with using MIRA (talk about the blind
leading the blind!!!)  The log file she sent was not for the run in
question.  Unfortunately she started the run again which overwrote the
original log.  The second run terminated because we filled up the disk
space so no need to dwell on that.

Maybe that's what happened the first time too but the situation was a
little different.  Tarah said that after several days the terminal window
had come back to the prompt.  When we were looking over the output the info
folder had the info_assembly file giving the stats on the contigs, etc. but
when we went to look at the results the folder was empty :-<  Could it be
really bad timing that the drive filled up just as the run completed and
the final files couldn't be written ????

Just looked again and the info folder only had the assembly, callparameters
and readrepeats files.

Is there anyway to get MIRA to restart using the results that were already
compiled???

Shaun

Shaun Tyler
Head, DNA Core Facility and
International Depositary Authority of Canada
National Microbiology Laboratory
Public Health Agency of Canada
Canadian Science Centre for Human and Animal Health
1015 Arlington St., Suite H3130
Winnipeg, MB   R3E 3R2
Ph:      204-789-6030
Fax:    204-789-2018
EMail:    shaun_tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

From:   Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:     mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date:   2011-05-14 03:59 AM
Subject:        [mira_talk] Re: results folder empty
Sent by:        mira_talk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Wednesday 11 May 2011 12:34:35 Sven Klages wrote:
> The attached log file is not complete ... MIRA maybe not yet finished?

Having logs (and MIRA) stopping at that place would be indeed very unusual.

> The log usually ends with an "end of assembly" message ..

Well, not if there was a "kill" from outside or a segmentation fault.

Tarah:
a) is the process still running?
b) if not: does the window where you started the run somewhwere say
"killed"?

B.

GIF image