[mira_talk] Re: fn in paired-end reads?

  • From: Juan Daniel Montenegro Cabrera <jdmontenegroc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 16:20:54 -0500

Hello everyone
Regarding this subject, has any of you tried to scaffold the resulting
assembly using the new Bambus package (Bambus 2.0) ?  any suggestion on how
to use it with MIRA results?  Now we have to build an AMOS bank with all the
data correctly formatted, kind of tricky even using the script goBambus2.py.

I tried to do it but have a problem with mate pair orientation.  As I
understand, sff_extract finds the linker removes it and writes 2 sequences,
the first one in normal orientation and the inverse complement of the second
one right?

Well in my final assembly, I can see several mate pairs in different contigs
but cannot join them because mate pairs are in the same orientation instead
of the opposite.  But when I reverse-complement on of the contigs, the
distances obtained way off std deviation.  What is happening?

Best Regards,

Juan Montenegro
Applied Biotechnology Laboratory
International Potato Center - Lima - Peru