[mira_talk] Re: extracting consensus by coverage from *.ace?

  • From: 000.calabi.yau.000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2010 11:34:50 +0100

On Sat, 06 Nov 2010 10:56:12 +0100, Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Samstag 06 November 2010 000.calabi.yau.000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I have a question about the possibility to extract only the consensus
stretches from (*.ace) assembly files that have at least a coverage of
let's say 3. I don't mean the whole contigs but the part of the contig
that is covered at least this high. I understand that internal drops in
coverage might give 2 or more fragments from a single contig.

So lets say the integer stands for coverage:

E.g. 111111112344555665453343333222111111111     =>  344555665453343333
[...]
> Are there programs or scripts (biopython/-perl) that can do sth like this?
I fear I lack the necessary programming skills to get this working in a
reasonable amount of time...

Why look so far away when MIRA has everything aboard to perform that task? :-)

The "-v" option of "convert_project" will probably do what you want, filling
up bases with less coverage than specified with "N".

  convert_project -f maf -t fasta -r c -v 3 input.maf outputfile

(or "-f caf" if you want to start from a CAF)

B.

Excellent... MIRA is really a great piece of software.
Every time I think about a feature that would be cool in an assembler... MIRA has something like it already :-). Very nice. Now I can even mark the potential chimeric stretches inside the contigs for analysis.

Thank you!

Have a nice weekend.

Markus