[mira_talk] deterministic results

  • From: Giorgio Gonnella <gonnella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 15:30:38 +0200

Hallo Bastien,

I refer here to an email I sent you, and I move the conversation
here in MIRA-talk as it is more appropriate, as you suggested.
First of all, thank you for your answer.

I summarize for the other newsletter readers: I am using MIRA 3.4.0
with IonTorrent data and I would like to have deterministic
results, in order to test the effects of a pre-processing filter I
am implementing.

I use:
--job=denovo,genome,accurate,iontor
--notraceinfo
IONTOR_SETTINGS -ASSEMBLY:mrpc=100
COMMON_SETTINGS -GENERAL:not=1

I changed the last setting (which was not:4) after your suggestion.
However, this did not help - I still had different results on
different runs.

In your answer, you mentioned that for larger projects "you might
also need to tweak memory parameters". Do you have a suggestion on
which parameters I could try?

Best regards,
Giorgio

--
Dr. Giorgio Gonnella
Zentrum für Bioinformatik

Email: gonnella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web:   http://www.zbh.uni-hamburg.de/gonnella
Phone: +49 (0)40 42838-7316
Fax:   +49 (0)40 42838-7312

begin:vcard
fn:Giorgio Gonnella
n:Gonnella;Giorgio
org;quoted-printable;quoted-printable:Universit=C3=A4t Hamburg;Zentrum f=C3=BCr
Bioinformatik
adr;quoted-printable:;;Bundesstra=C3=9Fe 43;Hamburg;;20146;Germany
email;internet:gonnella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Wiss. Mitarbeiter
tel;work:+49 (0)40 42838-7316
tel;fax:+49 (0)40 42838-7312