[mira_talk] Re: "Xs" found in EST de novo assemblies

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 05:56:15 -0400
On 13 Oct 2015, at 2:23 , Patricia Carvajal <patriciacarvajal.mxli@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I have EST, de novo assemblies and I found Xs in my unpadded contigs, how
should those Xs be interpreted in this case?
Please advise.

When posting questions like these, it is always helpful to give a tad more
detail on your data and what you actually did. I.e., the manifest file.

Anyway … am I correct in guessing you had several strains in your assembly?
Because MIRA writes X as result only in those cases, and this denotes a missing
coverage for a given strain.