[mira_talk] Re: Stable download URLs on sourceforge

  • From: Martin MOKREJŠ <mmokrejs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 21:52:53 +0200

Bastien Chevreux wrote:

> I’ve looked around SF and there is, I think, no ideal solution to this
> dilemma:
>
> 1. One way could be to go via
> "http://sourceforge.net/projects/mira-assembler/files/latest/download” By
> setting a fake browser ID string with curl/wget one even gets redirected to
> the binary version “wanted”. Would that be a possibility for the Galaxy
> install wrapper? I’m keeping these “links” updated.
> 2. I could try to create vie the SF shell interface softlinks which would
> point from something like “current/linux-bin.tar.bz2” to the current version.
> However, I’m not completely sure this is doable … and whether I would always
> remeber to do that.
> 3. I switch to a directory structure many other projects use:
> “something/4.0”, "something/4.0.1", “something/3.9.5” etc.pp. The downloads
> in these subdirectories would have stable URLs. However, here too I would,
> after some time, delete some older binary packages. Especially if some severe
> bug is present in those versions which has been fixed in later revisions.
>
> Any comment regarding what would be preferable?

I just had a look how Gentoo fetches the source tarballs for other tools from
sourceforge and seems best would be:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mira/files/mira/4.0.2/...
Do not know why the package name appears twice in the URLs but is same for all
packages I looked at.

Currently, Gentoo uses:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mira-assembler/files/MIRA/stable/"${PN}"-"${MY_PV}".tar.bz2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mira-assembler/files/MIRA/development/${P}.tar.bz2