[mira_talk] Re: Solexa Assembly

  • From: Lionel Guy <guy.lionel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 17:13:55 +0100

Think that 2x100bp solexa reads with 200bp insert size are in total 400bp,
shorter than the median size of 454 Titanium reads. Any repeat longer than that
won't be further solved.

If you want to assemble further, sequence a mate-pair library with longer
insert size, preferably several (e.g. 3, 8, 12, 20 kb). I can't see any way of
closing further gaps by bioinformatics means only.