[mira_talk] SSAHA2 users

  • From: Laurent MANCHON <lmanchon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 22:24:29 +0100

--Hi,

I inform the users of SSAHA2 that a new aligner, called SMALT (which you might want to try) developped by the authors of SSAHA2 is available. It is more successful than SSAHA2 and eliminates some bugs of SSAHA2 according to the authors. I think it will be necessary thought of making coordination between MIRA with this new program, don't you Bastien ? :-)

To try the program, please download binaries via FTP from
ftp://ftp.sanger.ac.uk/pub/hp3/smalt.tgz

unpack
> tar zxvf smalt.tgz
and  choose one of the 3 binaries that fits your computer architecture.

Laurent --