[mira_talk] Re: Please help me install and run Mira

  • From: John Nash <john.he.nash@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 09:19:36 -0400

On 2011-04-15, at 9:09 AM, Jackie Lighten wrote:

> -
>
> Hi,
>
> I apologize, but I am a total Linux beginner and, with the MIRA instructions
> presuming knowledge of basic Linux, I can’t get the program up and running.
> I have unpacked the download, in Ubuntu, but have no idea how to copy the bin
> folder to $PATH variable, and execute the program.
>
> Can someone please provide me with an idiots walk thru of the installation
> and running of MIRA?

Assuming you have sudo access. Type:

1.  sudo mv mira_directory_containing_binaries    /usr/local/bin
2.  sudo emacs -nw /etc/profile
3.  add the line "export
PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin/mira_directory_containing_binaries/bin" (w/o quotes)
somewhere
4. hit Ctrl-x, Ctrl-c to save. Type yes
5. type "source /etc/profile"
6. invoke mira's progs.

I would do the same with the mira-3rd party tools.

HTH
John