[mira_talk] Re: Multiple 454 data sets

  • From: "Bastien Chevreux" <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 09:15:17 +0100 (MET)

> From: Cleo HC Ho
> I have two 454 data sets; one is paired-end and the other is not. Each data
> set has its own fasta, fasta qual, and xml files.
> I know that MIRA doesn't take multiple data sets of the same kind, so should
> I simply "cat" the two data sets and make a
> merged set? When I dothat, will the paired-end information be preserved in
> the resulting xmlfile?

Does

http://mira-assembler.sourceforge.net/docs/DefinitiveGuideToMIRA.html#sect1_walkthrough:_combined_unpaired_and_pairedend_assembly_of_brucella_ceti

and there more specifically

http://mira-assembler.sourceforge.net/docs/DefinitiveGuideToMIRA.html#sect2_data_preprocessing_with_sff_extract

help?

In short: start from SFFs, use sff_extract on the unpaired data set, use
sff_extract on paired data set (and use there "-a" to append to the same data
set created in first extraction).

B.

PS: note that the links above are suboptimal in a sense that the link targets
will change (slightly, but enough to break them) in the next revision of the
documents due sometime in the next 10 days. But until then they'll work fine.