[mira_talk] Kernel panic out of memory

  • From: "Cynthia Alexander" <alexande@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 15:18:36 +0200 (MEST)

Dear Bastien,

I have been using mira to perform an hybrid assembly with Sanger and 454
sequences, so far it has been working quite well! (Thank you!)
But lately when I tried to add more 454 sequences to the assembly it
crached diplaying a kernel panic out of memory error.
I am using a server with 16Gb RAM, 8 Gb swap, and 1.5 Tb space.
My goal is to assemble 56000 Sanger reads and 2600000 454 reads.
The estimates that miramem gave are
RAM estimates:
           reads+contigs (unavoidable): 7.3 GiB
                large tables (tunable): 1.0 GiB
                                        ---------
                          total (peak): 8.4 GiB

       add if using -CL:pvlc (tunable): 5.6 GiB

Should I ask for more space, or is there anything I could do to permorm
the assembly?

Thank you for your time!!
Cynthia