[mira_talk] Errors in contig names

  • From: Marilyne Summo <marilyne.summo@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 16:28:54 +0200

Hi all,

I've found some bugs after running mira and miraSearchESTSNPs. (version 3.2.0)

The first :
After running mira I used convert_project to generate the text alignement file from the caf file :
convert_project -f caf -t text my_project_out.caf my_project.align
Then I wrote a perl script to parse this file and I noticed that some contig names was wrong. The names in the text file seems to be generated without considering the names in the caf file.

The second bug I found is also an error in the contig names : I've been running miraSearchESTSNPs and I'm now writing a script to recover some informations. Every contig of the step3 assembly are assembled from the contigs of the step2 assembly. So I want to find all the original reads of the step2 contigs building step3 contigs to reconstruct a caf file.
The problem is that remain contigs don't have the same name in step3_out.caf and step2_remain_out.caf (not found). I didn't notice this problem for the contigs of the other stains but it is maybe the same...

I hope my explanation is understandable. I can't join the files because of the size limitation.

Best regards

Marilyne
-- You have received this mail because you are subscribed to the mira_talk mailing list. For information on how to subscribe or unsubscribe, please visit http://www.chevreux.org/mira_mailinglists.html