[mira_talk] Re: Denovo Metagenomics for gut bacterial species

  • From: Elizabeth Latham <ealatham@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk <mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 12:10:32 -0500

Hi Richa,

Did anyone get back to you or did you solve this problem? I have a
similar experimental design.

Best,
Elizabeth

On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 3:29 AM, richa purohit <richapurohit86@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

am working on denovo assembly but its not just genome but metagenomes.
I am not sure if there are few parameters specific to meta-genomes so that
Subspecies of the main species are not considered as same.

I have made my manifest file

project = MyFirstAssembly
job = genome,denovo,accurate
parameters = -GE:not=4

# defining the paired-end Illumina reads, fixing all needed pair information
readgroup = SomePairedEndIlluminaReadsIGotFromTheLab
data = datape*.fastq
technology = solexa
template_size = 100 300 autorefine
segment_placement = ---> <---
segment_naming = solexa

I would like to know if anyone have tested MIRA with some specific parameter
for meta-genomic data from mice gut, where diversity is high and chances
missing out is also high.
It would be very great if anyone can share example manifest with me. Or let
me know if i am missing any specific parameter regarding the same.

Best,
Richa