[mira_talk] Re: Compiling v 4.9.5 from source

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2015 14:17:25 +0200 (CEST)

On June 5, 2015 at 1:19 PM Pedro Barbosa <pedro.barbosa@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm having problems with the instalation of the last mira version.
It appears that configuration went well, but then an error is thrown on the
make stage.
[...]
cc1plus: error: unrecognised command line option ‘-std=c++14’

This is strange: configure checked for the GCC version, saw it was 4.6.3 ... and
continued happily although it should have stopped. I think I need to check that
part of the configure script again.

Anyway: MIRA 4.9.x unconditionally needs a C++14 standard compliant compiler, in
the GCC line this means it needs at least GCC 4.9.1. Note that I haven't tried
GCC5 yet, so it might barf when using that.