[mira_talk] Re: About ends clipping

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 00:47:07 +0200

On Dienstag 28 April 2009 Yi Zheng wrote:
> Hope you can add this function to mira and thank you so much.

Well ... I needed it myself yesterday (but in another context) so I added it:
"-CL:pecbph"

The downside is that some statistics calculations need to be done twice. But
as these take just a couple of minutes even in Solexa projects with 7 million
reads, I thought it's an acceptable price to pay.

Note that values below 10 don't make much sense, valuse below 12 would still
lead to high number of false negatives for Solexa data (less for 454 and not
too much for Sanger).