[minima] Re: Sweeperino problem

  • From: Riccardo Montaguti <ricky451@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2015 12:56:21 +0100

Sorry for the mistake, I’ve put the wrong output for the serial monitor of the
radon program (in the previous message i’ve used an lvds version calibrated at
10 Mhz. (I’ve got the same problem with this one)

The following is the right one (Si570 cmos version 56.32Mhz):

Radiono starting - Version: 0.4
Tests successful!
Successfully initialized Si570
--- Si570 Debug Info ---
Crystal frequency calibrated at: 114235640
Register[7] = e1
Register[8] = c2
Register[9] = b6
Register[10] = 2a
Register[11] = a5
Register[12] = 93
HsDivider = 11 N1 = 8
Reference Frequency (hex) : 0002b62aa593
Reference Frequency (double): 43.385

Il giorno 09/dic/2015, alle ore 10:29, Riccardo Montaguti
<ricky451@xxxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:

Good morning,

I’m building a sweeperino because would be a very useful tool but I’m having
problems with the Si570.

I’ve uploaded an arduino nano with the code without getting errors but when i
connect the arduino to the si570 I can get only the 56.32Mhz frequency even
if the LCD display shows 14.5Mhz and also by tuning the potentiometer.
I’ve checked by the arduino serial window and I get the following:

*Sweeperino v0.02

*Testing for Si570

Successfully initialized Si570
*Si570 ON

So I think the I2C is communicating but maybe there is a freeze in the code.

By using the radiono program I have the same problem and I get in the serial
monitor this:

Radiono starting - Version: 0.4
Tests successful!
Successfully initialized Si570
--- Si570 Debug Info ---
Crystal frequency calibrated at: 20283316
Register[7] = e1
Register[8] = c2
Register[9] = b6
Register[10] = 2a
Register[11] = a5
Register[12] = 93
HsDivider = 11 N1 = 8
Reference Frequency (hex) : 0002b62aa593
Reference Frequency (double): 43.385

I’ve build the circuit exactly as the original schematic (I use 4.7K
pull-ups) and I’ve only changed the LCD pins to get it working properly.

Could someone please give me some advices? I’ve also tried to change the
Si570 but with no luck

Thank you for the kind attention

Riccardo Montaguti