[minima] Re: Si570 error: linear with frequency

  • From: Thomas Sarlandie <thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 01:12:40 -0800

Thanks Steve, great resource. Started a new wiki page for the si570:
http://www.hfsignals.org/index.php/Si570

One tip for everyone: Write down the markings on your si570 before you glue
them dead-bug style... I am lucky I had two of them.

My SI570 is a CAC000141G. I found online (and by measuring the output
frequency without the arduino) that my startup frequency is 56.320. The
datasheet does not seem to include the table which links "000141" to 56.320
Mhz. If someone has that, we should put it on the wiki. I am sure other
people will need it.

With that info, and if I read the register values HSDIV, N1 and RFREQ at
startup, I can calculate the internal crystal frequency using the formula:
FXTAL = ( fOUT  x HSDIV x N1 ) / RFREQ

Ideally, the minima software should ask me to choose which si570 I have in
a list when I start it for the first time. It would then do the math and
save that in the eeprom. I am going to create a "bug" for that on the
project: https://github.com/afarhan/radiono/issues/3

Right now, you have to manually extract HSDIV, N1 and RFREQ and calculate
fxtal and save it in the source. I will try that tomorrow.

thomas