[minima] Re: Si5351 driving DBM

  • From: "Joe Rocci" <joe@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 07:38:24 -0400

Dave

I looked at the AdaFruit board some time back on a spectrum analyzer. If my memory is correct, the output into 50 ohms was about 8dbm. Of more concern than marginal drive were intermodulation spurious outputs developed by crosstalk between channels. These were in the 65-70 dB down range. This was using the two most physically separated channels on the board. If you're only using one channel, it will be much better.

Joe

-----Original Message----- From: Dave
Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2015 3:55 AM
To: minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [minima] Si5351 driving DBM

Has anyone used the Si5351 to directly drive the LO port of a 7dBm
DBM such as the ADE-1? Datasheet says output is 50 ohm at high drive(8
mA) setting. This works out to +5dBm, if I did the math right.

Dave - WB6DHW
<http://wb6dhw.com>

-----
No virus found in this message.