[minima] Re: SA602 and SA612

  • From: allison <ajp166@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 12:36:12 -0400

Hi,

The gain is something to be aware of rather than run from it. It would be no worse than
DBM with about 16db of gain before it.

The best way is to use a resistive pad at the end of the input filter. Bleading current
that way disturbs the balance and reduces the overload point.

I found with no agc a switchable two step -6, -12, or both -18db attenuator was very useful.

Allison

On 6/10/15 11:38 AM, beninturkye@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hello everybody,

Allison wrote he had problems with the amplification factor of the SA602.

This mixer is internally a Gilbertcell mixer ment for 2nd mixer in mobile telephones and works on very low power levels, they were not ment for the violance of the HF bands, and most certenly not the 40 meterband.

You can reduce the gain by pulling the bias of the LO gate down. I have seen sets that uses this for AGC.

Regards. BEN PA9B