[minima] Need parts advice

  • From: <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 06:20:05 -0700

I'm brand new to the Arduino stuff and need some help.  I've programmed
many Microchips but never an ATMEGA.  The only ones they have for sale
are listed as ATMEGA328P-PU.  is that the same as the ATMEGA328P.  The
data sheet is 570 pages and doesen't specify a difference between P and
P-PU.  And do I need a bootloader? or is that already included in the
code Farhan wrote.  I have all the parts except the main chip and the
Si570, which I can get from Digi-key for 13 bucks. Jerry