[minima] Re: My spin on a switchable band filter

  • From: "Mac A. Cody" <maccody@xxxxxxx>
  • To: minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 17:28:11 -0600

Maybe my email fell in the spam filter because I'm a ham
and your junk mail filter's criteria is too wide! ;)

Thanks for the complement. I eventually want to post the
full design.  If you go to my web page for the filter,
which is in my original post, I reference a PDF containing
the filter designs.

I was at the electronics store where I sourced the 5 volt,
DPDT latching relays and found that they have a few hundred
of them.  They also have a 5 volt, 4PDT latching relay that
I'm thinking of using in a redesign of the filter.  I hope
that I can reduce the circuit complexity and the parts count
a little.  If not, there are at least plenty of the DPDT
latching relays to be had.

73,

Mac AE5PH

On 02/21/2014 03:38 AM, Thomas Sarlandie wrote:
For some reason this message fell into my spam folder. I wonder if maybe that is why you did not get any replies.

Your build looks really really good! It would be great to share the schematic and values you used to! Do you have a good cheap source for those latching relays?

thomas

On Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 7:22 PM, Mac A. Cody <maccody@xxxxxxx <mailto:maccody@xxxxxxx>>wrote:

    Seeing the discussions on switchable filter banks, I thought
    that I would present my spin on one using latching relays
    and four filter banks covering six amateur bands. The design
    is compact and requires just a single-sided PCB.  The concept
    could certainly be expanded to provide eight filter banks.

    I have notposted the EagleCAD files as yet, because I put
    together mywebsite a few weeks ago.  I still have some
    updating to do.  I have attached some images of the finished
    filter bank and the PCB layout.  The relevant web page is

https://sites.google.com/site/ae5phradionotebook/home/homebrew-projects/four-bank-rf-filter-for-amateur-bands

    73,

    Mac AE5PH