[minima] Re: BOARDS

  • From: "Charlie , W5COV" <cvest@xxxxxxx>
  • To: minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 13:38:51 -0500

Did you get in on the order for boards ?

It is my first experience actually working with the Si570, but I have read many SDR articles over the years and have a good basic understanding of them.

The really nice thing about this design , is the way it is done in modules , that makes this project very well suited for almost any method of construction that you choose.

I plan on building a second one, once I build the board version . The second one will be ugly or Manhattan style or a combination of both.

Reasonably priced Si570's were difficult to locate, but I have that covered for now and also for future builds.

Best 73,
Charlie, W5COV

On 3/25/2014 10:03 AM, hcker2000 wrote:
you lucky duck. I have the si570's but no boards :(

On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 2:00 PM, Charlie , W5COV <cvest@xxxxxxx <mailto:cvest@xxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Today my boards arrived from Sandeep. THANK YOU, my friend,
    EXCELLENT work !!!

    I am located in Oklahoma, which is pretty close to the center of
    the land mass of the continental USA.

    Now tonight I will begin to populate them and begin testing. I am
    pretty certain that I have all of the parts on hand , or scheduled
    to arrive this week , to build them up , and the rest of the
    transceiver too.

    When I was looking for the Si570, Mouser showed that they didn't
    have any in stock and the ones on eBay from inside of the USA were
    outrageous in price and shipping.

    Another group member steered me to a small kit operation run by
    two retired hams. They have an excellent reputation and products.
    I was able to purchase mine from them at a quite reasonable price,
    given that this is not an inexpensive part anyway. I also picked
    up a few more items from them .

    Now to get the magnifying light turned on and soldering iron
    heated up, I can get started catching up.

    73, Charlie, W5COV

--
Mike "hcker2000" Ashcraft
http://bigironinteractive.com