[minima] Re: Auto-calibration of the Si570 + some refactoring

  • From: "Steve VK2SJA" <vk2sja@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 10:15:35 +1100

> ... default frequency programmed by the factory. In my
> case it was 56.320 but your mileage may vary.
>
> There are two ways to find this frequency:
>  - Spec: Look on the marking on your Si570 (mine says CAC000141) and
> lookup some tables online to find which frequency corresponds to your
> marking (I cant find this table, if someone has it, please share!)

I didn't find a simple table. But I have found a Silicon Labs web page
that is linked to a database. You enter the part number and it displays
the chip information including the start-up frequency.

Go to URL:-

http://www.silabs.com/products/clocksoscillators/Pages/Utilityintro.aspx

Use Option 1. Then use default sub-option of "Oscillator".

Enter you Si570 part number starting with 570. For Thomas's chip above you
would enter:-

570CAC000141

Press to "Go" button which looks like a right arrow.

Results returned tell us that it was a custom ordered chip with a start up
frequency of 56.32 MHz. Along with some other important and useful
information:-

Existing Custom Parts 1 result
570CAC000141DG

Product Si570
Startup Frequency               56.32 MHz
I2C Address (Hex Format)        55
Format                          CMOS
Supply Voltage                  3.3 V
OE Polarity                     OE active high
Stability                       61.5 ppm
Frequency Range Exception Value 10 - 160 MHz
Operating Temp Range (°C)       -40 to +85

73, Steve.
VK2SJA