[freelists-midimag] Re: SV: Re: Any One know of a good accessible Guitar tuner for the iPhone.

  • From: Dewald van Deventer <dewaldvandeventer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: midimag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2023 08:13:12 +0200

Hi Michael. Montal Tuner is specifically designed to measure anharmonicity of a piano and to work out how much each string needs to be stretched to make it sound good. You can also adjust how much stretch you want for the bass tenor section and treble. So ... yes you can use it as a simple guitar tuner as well, but it would be a waste of money because guitars and such-like you don't have to do measurements first to measure stretch. I'm using it to tune my harp and autoharp. It switches to any note and plays sweeping sounds faster or slower depending on how sharp or flat you are. To find out more, feel free to email me off-list.dewaldpianotuner@xxxxxxxxx
Dewald.

Dewald van Deventer Happy Pianos "RPT"Piano tuning Kempton Park EAST RandCell:0824614865E-mail:dewaldpianotuner@xxxxxxxxxVisit my website:Http://www.Happy-Pianos.com/Go "like" my page:http://www.facebook.com/HappyPianos/
Happy Pianos   We'll make your piano smile and sing again!
On 12 Sep 2023, at 01:24, Michael Winegarden <mikeewinegarden@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I realize that Montal Tuner is designed for pianos but would one also use this for a guitar?