[freelists-midimag] Re: Olympus LSP5 recorder

  • From: John Moore <johnm1642@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: midimag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2023 14:06:01 -0500

I don't know about the ones you mentioned but it's a good recorder. The LS100 is built like a tank.

John Moore

On Feb 4, 2023, at 13:27, Benjamin Blatter <b.blatter@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

John, does the LS-14 look like the LS-10 and LS-11? These were very robust build recorders. you probably could have let them fall and they wouldn't have complained much. there was the LS-3 and LS-5, the latter probably had also voice guidance. Wish I had bought it while available.I still have a DM-550 which is nice as well, though.
Ben

Am 04.02.2023 um 18:42 schrieb John Moore <johnm1642@xxxxxxxxx>:
I agree. It is very disappointing. I'm blessed to have an LSP4, an LS14, and an LS100. However, I don't know what I will get when I need a new one.

John Moore
On Feb 4, 2023, at 12:39, Benjamin Blatter <b.blatter@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What? I'm surprised you already got it - i feel that it hasn't even been a day since we wrote about it ...Thanks for the info. Very funny, because I read that the Olympus LS-P1 to the P4 has voice guidance. They must have dropped this useful feature, I'm very disappointed.If you are into buying things on ebay, it might be an option to get an older model with voice guidance ...
Ben

Am 04.02.2023 um 18:05 schrieb Tim Burgess <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Hi, Just to report back that this is a nicely made unit, but has no voice guide, so I’ll be sending it back before thinking again. HTH. Tim