[freelists-midimag] MuseScore Lessons & A Favor

  • From: "Richard Wells" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> ("richwels")
  • To: midimag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2022 15:29:25 -0500

This is directed to anyone who is using MuseScore or who is interested in learning it. My dear friend Roger Fordham has spent lots of hours using this application to create detailed music scores for multiple instruments in the band he directs and plays with. In the process, he has given much time to writing documentation that is keyboard centered. He and I would like those who are proficient, as well as beginners, or anywhere else in between,  with MuseScore to walk through his documentation to see if they can follow along.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ozx94niex79kjd0/Manual%20Musescore%20Lessons.zip?dl=1

Here is an over-view of what is covered.

Musescore
Contents
lesson 1.
introduction to Musescore.
 Lesson 1.
1. beginnings. consisting of 5 sections.
Beginnings.
The score Layout.
The next Lot of Information.
Note input.
Closing.
 Lesson 2.
 This consists of six sections.
Re-opening a file.
Extras.
Palettes. Articulations. Dynamics.
Intervals and Chords.
Selecting Instruments.
Building a template.
Extracting and Printing Parts.
 Lesson 3.
All about transposition.
 Introduction to Transposition.
Part 1: Introduction to Transposing Instruments.
 part two.
How Musescore does all the work for you.
Lesson 4.
 There are six sections.
More about Palettes.
Anacrusis bars and bar numbering.
More on Notation.
Beginnings and endings.
Graces.
Title Alteration.
Lesson 5.
 Repeats. Please Read in conjunction with Lesson 8.
 Lesson 6.
 Lyrics.
Lesson 7.
 More on Templates.
Inserting time-signatures and key-signatures, and changing them in your score.
 Lesson 8.
 Voltas and Voices.
 Lesson 9.
 Entering chord Symbols.