[freelists-midimag] Re: Manuals in PDF format

  • From: Karen Lewellen <klewellen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: midimag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2023 12:58:21 -0400 (EDT)

Ah, when that happens?
I contact the customer service, or accessibility team of the outfit in question and ask for a copy that is not restricted.
Interestingly enough, the pdftotext tool associated with the Linux shell service I use can sometimes bypass that block.
Want to send it off list to me so I can have a go?
Karen

On Mon, 31 Jul 2023, Brian Blair wrote:

Looks like a great service. I just sent the PDF manual for my Roland FP30-X piano to RoboBraille, but it said the request could not be processed because the file is read protected. Adobe Acrobat says the file is "secured". Is this the same thing. I can read the text with Acrobat or Google Chrome, but the layout is funky so I was hoping Robobraille could make it more readable.

Brian

On 7/31/2023 6:03 AM, Karen Lewellen wrote:
 Hi
 Pdf files tend to be unique challenges.
 The mose  inclusive door I know is via robobraille.

 www.robobraille.org
 sending the file to
 convert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 placing your desired format into the subject line
 will give you  a usiable file.