[freelists-midimag] A small introduction for me

  • From: Leevi Alahäivälä <leevialahaivala@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: midimag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2022 23:13:25 +0200

Hello all,

I think I am one of these new subscribers which Jackie warmly welcomed here so thank you for that. It is very nice to be here on list and get more knowledge about these things. I’m Leevi Alahäivälä I’m from Finland so that is the reason I have so difficult last name with letters which are not used in English language. I am 25 years old and fully blind. I have always been very interested in music I started to play piano when I was 8 years old. Some years later I started to take also singing lessons I have dreamt many years I could be an opera singer. And maybe an year ago I started also take organ lessons. I have played organ some years sometimes but I got lessons only sometimes because it was difficult to find a teacher. But last year I finally found a teacher and this spring I applied and and become chosen to study Church music in University of Applied sciences. So now the first semester from my studies is over and I have enjoyed that very much I have never known studying could be so wonderful. On this time I think my greatest passion are organ playing althought I have song to my main subject. I am dreaming to create my career with music for example cantor, organist, opera singer or something. I also am very interested about good quality audio systems I have here on my home good quality loudspeakers and headphones which allows me to enjoy music with a good sound quality it sometimes could be almost I would be in concert. I also would like to be maybe a recorder which records musical events such as classical music concerts, organ concerts or something like that. In my opinion a blind person could be maybe a recorder or something like that and I am looking for an excellent and accessible recorder which I could maybe buy some day. I also have thought I maybe would like to take an exchange study semester in Brigham Young University BYU but I don’t know yet if it happens. But now you maybe know something about me. English isn’t my native tongue so I maybe sometimes don’t write as good English as Native speaker but I try to learn and use that language despite of that. And I can of course use Finnish if you can’t underrstand my English.

--
Leevi Alahäivälä

--
Avast-virustorjuntaohjelmisto on tarkastanut tämän sähköpostin virusten varalta.