[microfarmer] two important things

  • From: "Robin Wheeler" <robin54@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <microfarmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 11:34:44 -0700

Dear Micros - please consider the following two things - first, that I would
put together another Microfarm Forum if I got response about issues we need
more help on. For instance, if you feel you are not working to capactiy, can
you figure out what would raise your capacity, and I will try to frame a
session around it.
I would plan this for late November or late February.

Also, please consider this on-line petition about the meat regulations. We need
to show support -
Robin

Greetings,

The new meat inspection regulations is affecting not only farmers but everyone
throughout BC who wants the right to choose the food they eat.
This regulation now forbids farmers from processing animals they raise at the
farm and selling them at the farm, encouraging industrial practices. If you
also care about the right to buy meat, fruits, vegetables, honey - yes all
these produce will also be forbidden in the future - from the farmers who
produce them, please take one minute and go sign a petition so that this
regulation can be halted.

Would you please consider letting your email list know about it? this should be
distributed far and wide since it is so important. Once our family farms close
down, all we'll have will be industrialized food and factory farms throughout
BC.

The petition is at:    http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/local-meat-BC