[methmins] Re: security

  • From: "Tony Buglass" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "tonybuglass" for DMARC)
  • To: <methmins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 09:44:33 +0100

I have always regarded email as no more secure than sending a postcard. Having members only groups helps a bit, but it al depends on the kind of package. This one isn't designed for secure stuff. In the Yahoo days, if there was anything particularly sensitive to discuss with a member, I would make whatever public comment was helpful/appropriate, and then take the conversation offlist - if posting in the group is like posting a card on a public board, this was sending it privately in the post. When we transferred from Yahoo, it was more a question of finding a forum which was free of charge, and easy to set up - ie, we could import the group as a group. Security wasn't a special concern.

Blessings,
Tony

https://www.avg.com