[meetyeti] Fwd: Take part in Endemic Bird Day on 9th May!

  • From: YETI <meet.yeti@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: meetyeti <meetyeti@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 10:57:46 +0530

Please respond directly to the post.

For YETI
Vishnupriya

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Raman Kumar <cyornis@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 2:42 PM
Subject: Take part in Endemic Bird Day on 9th May!
To: meetyeti@xxxxxxxxx

Hello!

Please broadcast this message to the YETI mailing list about this
interesting country-wide event to be held on 9th May 2015. Please read the
message below for more details about the Endemic Bird Day and how to
participate.

Thanks and regards,
Raman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear friends,

Now that most winter migrants have returned to their breeding grounds, it's
time to turn our attention to the many species that are resident in our
country. Of these, around 225 species are endemic to South Asia, which
means they are not found anywhere else in the world!

On 9th May, let's focus on documenting the distribution and abundance of
our precious endemic species by going out birding for Endemic Bird Day and
listing the species we see! More details are here:
http://www.birdcount.in/events/endemic-bird-day/

To mark this event, noted cartoonist Rohan Chakravarty has created a
wonderful collage of endemics, which you can see at the link above. Do join
a small contest to identify all the species illustrated for a chance to
find a t-shirt with this printed on it.

Endemic Bird Day on 9th May: look for endemics (and other species),
document what you see, and upload your lists to eBird. Let's join together
to better understand the birds we know and love!

Endemic Bird Day, 9th May
Web: http://www.birdcount.in/events/endemic-bird-day/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/609984829137269/

--