[meetyeti] Fwd: Advertisement for project assistant, postdoc positions, volunteers

  • From: Robin Vijayan <robinvijayan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: meetyeti@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 20:13:50 +0530

> -------------
>
> October 22, 2013
>

> ADVERTISEMENT FOR PROJECT ASSISTANT, POSTDOC POSITIONS, VOLUNTEERS
>
> An R&D assistant (project assistant) position and a research associate
(postdoctoral) position are available in my lab at the Evolutionary and
Organismal Biology Unit, Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific
Research (JNCASR), to work on a field project on Asian elephants in
Karnataka. The selected R&D assistant will collect data on resource
availability for elephants and elephant behaviour. The minimum academic
qualification is a masters’ degree in science. Prior field experience and
excellent observational skills are required, as is physical fitness, as the
job demands long hours in the field. The selected person should be willing
to live at the field site, where only the most basic facilities are
available, and should preferably be able to drive a jeep. The ideal R&D
applicant will also possess good analytical and writing skills.

> The selected research associate will also work on the elephant project,
on a question of mutual interest, which could involve a combination of
field, lab, and simulation-based work. The minimum academic qualification
for the research associateship is a doctoral degree. Familiarity with basic
statistics and good analytical and writing skills are a must for RA
applicants.

> Salaries for the R&D assistant and RA positions will be based on the
standard scale approved by JNCASR. Successful applicants are expected to
give a one year commitment to work on this project. Please apply with a
one-page statement of research interests and CV to tncvidya@xxxxxxxxxxxx on
or before November 8, 2013. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed.

> Opportunities for a few highly motivated volunteers are also available in
my lab. The minimum academic qualification for volunteers is 70% marks in
12th std. Volunteers will work in Bangalore, not in the field, to help
organize previously collected data.