[meetyeti] Fwd: 2-yr postdocs on Anthropocene ecology/rewilding and ecological complexity

  • From: YETI <meet.yeti@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: meetyeti <meetyeti@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 18:25:29 +0530

From: Arunava Datta <arunavadatta@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Subject: Fwd: 2-yr postdocs on Anthropocene ecology/rewilding and
To: Young Ecologists Talk & Interact YETI <meet.yeti@xxxxxxxxx>

From: Ingolf Kuehn <ingolf.kuehn@xxxxxx>
To: ecology@xxxxxx
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 06:44:48 +0100

Anfang der weitergeleiteten E-Mail:

*Von:* Jens-Christian Svenning <svenning@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*Datum:* 28. Oktober 2013 21:18:03 MEZ
*An:* Jens-Christian Svenning <svenning@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*Betreff:* *2-yr postdocs on Anthropocene ecology/rewilding and ecological
complexity*

 Dear colleagues and friends,****

** **

We are seeking strong candidates for two ambitious postdoc positions in my
group:****

** **

2-year postdoc project on "A wild Anthropocene - the potential for
rewilding in a human-dominated world" in AURA (Aarhus University Research
on the Anthropocene).

2-year postdoc project on "The role of ecological complexity in how
ecosystems function and respond to environmental change" in CIRCE (Center
for Informatics Research on Complexity in Ecology).

Both are quite open positions where we ask to candidates to propose
projects with a general overall topic - loosely speaking 'Anthropocene
ecology' (e.g., rewilding and novel ecosystems, but not restricted to these
topics) and 'Ecological complexity' (role of dispersal, biotic interactions
and/or climatic variability for how ecosystem function and respond to
environmental change).

****

The dead-line for both positions is December 10.****

** **

The announcements (with further info) can be seen here:
http://www.au.dk/en/about/job/nat/academicpositions/****

** **

Please distribute to relevant candidates and networks.****

** **