[ #MP Ops Mailing List ] Re: Nickname Theme night/ Scripts

  • From: "TD" <diet1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Meetingplace Operators Mail List" <meetingplace.ops@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 13:18:46 +0100

I used a heavily modified version  of eXtreme, too heavily modified for
IRCop work to be much use as a general op script (this is one of the reasons
I rarely op up in the room).

Skinkie, on the other hand, uses the basic eXtreme (I think its on version
8.2 now),

This script is large, well written, and fairly complex.

However, that complexity doesn't show in terms of its useability.  The menus
vary depending on whether you are opped or not, there are various options
that allow you to shitlist (I hate that word) people (applying different
restrictions/bans depending on who they are), and the kicks/bans are
configurable so that the script uses the ban mask that *you* specify rather
than one hard-coded into the script. You can set different channel
protections for different channels, so you can op in #MP with one set of
protections, and in another channel with more strict/less strict rules at
the same time, and the script will adjust its reactions accordingly.

It does take some time to work out how to use it, but as long as you are up
to scratch on using mIRC no-one should have too many problems, and Skinkie
and I can always help.

If there are enough people that want to switch, I'll think about setting up
a reference version here, then packaging it up and sending it out to
everyone.  That would be the best way to ensure that we are all running the
same rules etc., but it does require you lot to place a bit of trust in me
<g>. I know I'd be a little careful running a script I knew someone had been
fiddling around with.

Finally, one of the real reasons we picked this cript as our favorite is
that it is so well written that you can add almost *any* entertainment
script to it without the two scripts conflicting, so if you have favorite
popups there is almost no chance that you'll have any problems running them
at the same time.  If you do switch to this script, and want to add your
favorite popups to it, but don't know how, then send the popups to me, I'll
check them out to make sure there aren't any conflicts, then send them back
to you with instructions on the best way to get them working.

TD