[meepo] Question for the group

  • From: "Thomas F. Zadlo" <thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: meepo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 05:26:16 -0700 (PDT)

I talked to Ed and Jay about this a little on Friday but I need everone to chime
in on this.

I got a guy here at work who, in short, wants a piece of the action. He saw me
at lunch one day pouring over some 3e tome or another and pines nostalgic for
the days of high school playing.

I'm definitely opposed to him coming into the alpha game. We got too much to
deal with there, and there are lots of other issues with coming into a high
level long running game. We could add him to Beta or Avonshar however if we
wanted.

Now on one hand, I hate mixing work with . . . everything else. And we already
have a lot of bodies at the table. (Witness taking hours to get through a round
of combat in alpha.)

On the other hand, I said I'd ask. I've been deflecting him for a long time now,
and finally needed to yield a little. (I do have to work with the guy after
all.) He is a good guy, our age, and wouldn't be a pain or I wouldn't even bring
it up. I suspect his rule knowledge is a tad (or more than a tad) out of date so
there'd be a learning curve.

So for my part, I'm neutral and can go either way. Fresh face might be nice in
Beta or Avonshar but there are downsides too. If we decide no, I'll tell him
that the DM's said they can't handle any more players and that's that, not a
problem. If you want to try it, that's fine too.

T.