[meepo] Re: More hints at 3.5E changes

  • From: Albright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: meepo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 10:30:47 -0400

Nope, it's still a save or die spell...if you do more than 50 points of
damage. =)
I also don't know if Disintegrate caps out at 40D6, just that a Level 25
sorceror (the Lich Queen of the Githyanki) casts it that way.  It may be
15Dd+1Dd per caster level.  On average, 40D6 will do 140 points of damage,
which will cause some massive damage saves, and could put most folks in
their grave to begin with.

I wouldn't trust the +5 instead of d4+1 for the buff spells.  That's from
d20 modern, and the person was suggesting that it will be in 3.5e, but
that's not referenced in the article, from what I understand.  The decrease
in time for the buff spells was expected, and has been mentioned before in
speculation.  Now we have confirmation, it seems.