[meego-fi] Re: [meego-network-fi] About restructuring of two teams

  • From: Jarkko Moilanen <jarkko.moilanen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: meego-network-fi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 14:57:33 +0200

2011/2/20 Jens Wiik <jens.wiik@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> > I would hav to agree that putting the IRC channels and mailing lists
> > under the control of the marketing team sounds a bit too much. After
> > all marketing is about putting a spin on things and we don't want to
> > curtail free speech, do we? I would in fact argue that the tech team
> > would hav less of an agenda to mess with our members' opinions. Also
>
> I don't oppose putting those functions in the tech team. However, note that
> the "marketing" team should more properly be called "marketing and
> communications". We merged those functions and left strictly IT tasks in a
> separate team.  Does that make more sense to you?
>
> -Jens
>
> Agreed that the name is marketing and communications. Thanks for reminding
about that. I think you'll have enough tasks with pure marketing stuff
alone. Now, perhaps it would make more sense to strip 'and communications'
away and still put mailing list and irc OP management to Tech team.  Another
argument for doing so, is that domain control which includes other mailing
lists (team lists and so on) is already in the hands of Tech team (lead).

/Jarkko

--
Community Manager (MNFI, Meego Network Finland)

More info: http://meegonetwork.fi
Discussions: irc.freenode.net#meego-fi
http://meego.ajatukseni.net/