[meego-fi] New sub-domain research.meegonetwork.fi

  • From: Jarkko Moilanen <jarkko.moilanen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: meego-network-fi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 09:21:37 +0300

Hi,

I have a proposal that might sound a bit odd. I'd like to use our domain as
'home' for my PhD research, which is MeeGo related. The working title is:
"Power Fluctuations in Open Source Ecosystems during major events and crisis
situations - Case MeeGo". I would maintain the sub-domain myself and it
would use same Drupal instance as rest of the domain.

I know this is not directly related to our community, but it might draw
another 1% of new people towards us. Furthermore, my research has gained
quite a lot interest around the academic (and in a few companies) circles.
As some of you know, I have started (or will start during the next week)
interviewing ameegos, both from Finland and other parts of the world. This
arrangement would make my life a lot easier and would not cause extra work
to anyone else. Of course this would mostly serve my personal interests, but
at the same time (if it gains some more interest) it would 'advertise' our
community too.

I added this item to next community meeting agenda (http://bit.ly/fHY32X),
since this is an issue that affects the whole community and is about our
shared resources. Anyway, I'd love to hear opinions about this before the
meeting if possible. If you have better name suggestions for the sub domain,
I'd love to hear those as well.

/Jarkko

--
Community Manager (MNFI, Meego Network Finland)

More info: http://meegonetwork.fi
Discussions: irc.freenode.net#meego-fi
http://meego.ajatukseni.net/