[mea] Re: FW: dropping a client

  • From: "Sarah Broadfoot" <sbroad@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <mea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 14:57:06 -0600

Three things came to mind when I read this person's story:

1 - Government, shmovernment. Government clients are not the be-all and end-
all of the freelance world.
2 - If you allow people to treat you like crap, they will. (Simply paying
your bill should NOT be a pro - it should be an absolute given.)
3 - You might be surprised at how many other, much more reasonable clients
would be willing to pay your top rate if you asked for it. Shoot for the
moon and by gosh you just might get there.

Good luck!