[maven4ios] Deploying Non-Maven Based Libraries

  • From: Jon Cobb <jon.cobb@xxxxxxx>
  • To: maven4ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 16:05:00 -0500

So, I'm setting up my builds to use Xcode-Maven and am super excited about
it.

One thing I want to make sure that I am doing correctly is putting
non-maven deployed libraries into my repositories correctly.

For example, let's say I'm using Urban Airship for push notifications.
 Urban Airship's library comes pre-compiled (not a set of class files like
a lot of other "libraries"), but to my knowledge has no associated pom file
(or maybe they are also using xcode-maven and I'm not looking hard
enough...let's assume they are NOT maven based).  Assuming that their
library is a static library and a set of header files, what is the best way
to insert such a structure into my local repository so it can be referenced
as a dependency in my xcode-maven builds?  I know with standard maven/java
in order to deploy .jar files, it's a simple one line cmd line job.  But
the jar is completely self contained, obj-c libraries usually have headers
and possibly bundles to go along with them.

Is it possible to do this with xcode-maven?  Would I need to create my own
pom and bundle the files up into a zip to deploy into my local repository?
 Is it best to base the structure of the zip off of what I see in my local
repository already or is there documentation on the format?

Thanks for any insight you can provide,

--Jon