[maven4ios] Re: Building frameworks

  • From: "Kirilova, Irina" <irina.kirilova@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "maven4ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <maven4ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 08:25:17 +0000

Hello Robert,

In order to be able to reproduce your problem we would need some more
information - could you please confirm that you have setup the building of
frameworks as described here:
https://github.com/kstenerud/iOS-Universal-Framework#readme

We expect that the users copy the templates into Xcode and Xcode itself builds
the framework. We "only" package it after the build.

Kind regards,
Irina

From: "Bracewell, Robert"
<rbracewe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:rbracewe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 05:53:40 +0000
To: "maven4ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:maven4ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>"
<maven4ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:maven4ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Subject: [maven4ios] Building frameworks

I don’t have an issue when using xcodebuild but using the following pom
configuration
<plugin>
<groupId>com.sap.prd.mobile.ios.mios</groupId>
<artifactId>xcode-maven-plugin</artifactId>
<version>1.8.0</version>
<extensions>true</extensions>
<configuration>
<productName>Common</productName>
  <primaryFmwkConfiguration>Release</primaryFmwkConfiguration>
  <target>Common Universal Binary</target>
  <sdks>
  <sdk>iphoneos</sdk>
  </sdks>
</configuration>
</plugin>

Results in
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
com.sap.prd.mobile.ios.mios:xcode-maven-plugin:1.8.0:package-framework
(default-package-framework) on project Common: The validation of the built
framework 'common/target/checkout/build/Release-iphoneos/Common.framework'
failed: [Missing the required subdirectory 'Versions', Missing the required
subdirectory 'Versions/A', Missing the required subdirectory
'Versions/A/Headers', Missing the required subdirectory 'Versions/A/Resources',
Missing the required library file 'Versions/A/Common', Expected inside the
framework a symbolic link from 'Headers' to 'Versions/A/Headers', Expected
inside the framework a symbolic link from 'Resources' to
'Versions/A/Resources', Expected inside the framework a symbolic link from
'Common' to 'Versions/A/Common', Expected inside the framework a symbolic link
from 'Versions/Current' to 'Versions/A']

Any pointers on what I am doing wrong?

When I run the tree command (tree
target/checkout/build/Release-iphoneos/Common.framework/) I see below
target/checkout/build/Release-iphoneos/Common.framework/
|-- Common
|-- Headers
|   |-- a.h
|   |-- ab.h