[Maul of America] Quitter

  • From: Matt Maul <robustoman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: maulofamerica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 17:34:32 -0700 (PDT)

Time has healed no wounds for me. I'm still pissed at Barry Sanders for
bailing on the Lions without any warning right before the start of
training camp. So, forgive me If I'm not celebrating his career today.

From The Detroit Free Press:

Ten years ago, Barry Sanders ended great career abruptly

He knows his sudden exit wasn't popular; he and his teammates talk
about his days

...One day his likeness graced skyscrapers in downtown Detroit, and the
next day he was on a plane to London. At least it seemed like that. The
shock of his abrupt retirement rippled through metro Detroit, both
among fans and media. Sadness, frustration, disappointment and in some
cases even anger greeted news that Sanders had called it a career.

--
Posted By Matt Maul to Maul of America at 7/26/2009 08:24:00 PM